更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
即使大多數艾森豪總統的顧問
While most of President Eisenhower's advisors...
今天真是個不祥之日 華盛頓
Today are ominous. Washington...
如果您剛開始收聽這則特別新聞
If you have just tuned in to this special bulletin,
華盛頓方面已經證實昨日
Washington has confirmed that, yesterday,
即1957年10月4日
on the fourth of October, 1957,
蘇聯成功將
the Soviet Union successfully launched
人類歷史上第一顆人造衛星
history's first man-made satellite
發射至環地軌道
into space orbit around the Earth.
十月的天空
這顆名為"伴侶號"的衛星
The satellite which the Russians have dubbed Sputnik
被贊為人類歷史上的一塊裡程碑
is being hailed as a milestone in history.
所有政府官員不得不承認
No one in our nation's capital could deny that
該衛星將冷戰推動至一個嚴峻的新階段
the satellite has ushered in a grim new chapter in the Cold War.
同時人民的擔憂
And indeed, a wave of national anxiety
也開始在全國蔓延
already seems to be sweeping the country.
衛星仍然保持在時速一萬八千英裡
Still maintaining its speed of 18,000 miles an hour,
每九十六分鐘環繞地球一圈
completing an orbit of the Earth every 96 minutes.
奧爾加煤礦公司
沃納·馮·布勞恩博士
Doctor Wernher von Braun,
陸軍彈道飛彈署總工程師
Chief Engineer of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency,
對美國能早日追上蘇聯進度
expressed the hope that the United States
將自己的人造衛星發射至太空中
would soon be following the Russians into space
寄予了深切希望
with our own artificial satellite.
馮·布勞恩博士表示
Doctor von Braun confirmed
目前仍未能觀測到蘇聯衛星的影像
that there has still been no actual sighting of the Soviet satellite,
但美國有望在近期內追蹤到其軌跡
but the U.S. expects to be tracking it very soon.
據悉"伴侶號"衛星可在
We are told that Sputnik will be visible to the naked eye
日落後一小時與黎明前一小時內
about an hour after sunset and an hour before dawn,
即跨越美國十月的夜空時被肉眼觀測到
as it traverses the October sky over the United States.
衛星發射的脈衝信號的作用仍然未知
What the beeping signal means we still don't know.
可能不過是...
It may be nothing more...
根據真實故事改編
典獄長在小鎮監獄開了派對
Warden threw a party in the county jail
出發 羅伊·李
Let's go, Roy Lee.
-快九點了 -你就這麼急著去送死嗎
- It's almost 9:00. - Sure are in a hurry to get yourself killed.
說真的 自殺其實有更容易的法子 霍默
No kiddin'. There are easier ways to commit suicide, Homer.
踩油門 別廢話行嗎 羅伊·李
Will you just step on it, Roy Lee?
正踩著呢
I am steppin' on it.
監牢裡的每個人
Everybody in the whole cell block
煤林 維吉尼亞州西部 1957年10月5日
都隨著監獄搖滾樂起舞
Was dancin' to the jailhouse rock
馬奎爾 朗斯特裡特 希卡姆 該你們大顯身手了
Okay, Maguire, Longstreet, Hickam. Let's see what you got.
拜託對我弟弟手下留情
Hey, take it easy on my kid brother.
給他留幾分面子 行嗎
Make him look good, all right?
開始吧 準備
Let's go! Hut!
進攻 各就各位
Down! Set!
戰術二
Hut two!
不是讓你手下留情嗎
I thought I told you to take it easy on him.
我已經手下留情了
I did take it easy on him.
-各就各位 -我要碾死你 王八蛋
- Set! - I'm gonna run right over you, you son of a bitch.
-聽見沒 -戰術一 戰術二
- You hear me? - Hut one! Hut two!
霍默 你很勇敢
Homer, you sure got guts,
但你也得學著知難而退
but you gotta know when to quit.
好了 米勒 你來替他
Okay, Miller! You're up!
某天我們都變得憂心忡忡
Someday we'll all be blue
因為那天你說了再見
Well, that'll be the day when you say good-bye
為什麼只有該死的體育生才有獎學金
Why should the damn jocks be the only ones gettin' scholarships?
也只有他們才泡得到妞 真他媽不公平
They're also the only ones that get the girls. This burns my ass.
因為就在那天我與世長辭
That'll be the day when I die
蘇聯發射了第一顆環地衛星
你們覺得這個怎麼樣
What do you boys think about this?
是不是很牛逼
Isn't that something?
外太空讓給他們 我們有搖滾樂就夠了
Let 'em have outer space. We got rock 'n' roll.
是啊 地上的事兒已經夠我們操心的了
I'm with you. We got enough to worry about down here.
-霍默 你爸提過關於裁員的事嗎 -沒
- Homer, your dad say anything about the layoffs? - No.
-他們還在拆除礦坑的支柱嗎 -他沒說過
- Have they pulled any more pillars? - Uh, he didn't say.
他平時都不說話嗎
Does he talk at all?
不 說的
Oh, yeah. He talks.
該死的 傑克 難道我沒告訴過你
Damn it, Jake! Didn't I tell you
找人修修那些頂板錨杆嗎
to put some men to work on those roof bolts?
-我在對牛彈琴嗎 -抱歉
- Was I talkin' to the wall? - I'm sorry,
約翰 我們正準備...
John. We was just tryin' to get...
讓夜班的人搞定通風口旁的那些支柱
Make sure the hoot owl shift sets those timbers by the vent!
那片區域再挖兩天就快告罄了
Two more days on that block, we're gonna be down to the bone.
我估計
I guess that's...
詹森 別擋路
Jensen! Get out of the way!
詹森 小心
Jensen, look out!
醒醒 醒醒 詹森
Come on. Come on, Jensen.
快醒醒
Come on back.
發生了什麼
What happened?
整座礦山都差點砸你頭上了
Whole damn mountain 'bout fell on your head.
約翰救了你的命
And John here... he saved your life.
那是我爸爸
That's my dad.
給我離開礦區
I want you out of this mine.
永遠別回來了 你個缺心眼的白痴
Don't come back, you stupid son of a bitch.
我有沒有告訴過你要注意頂板
Didn't I tell you to watch the roof, huh?
我們剛才差點死掉
Now we could've all been killed
就因為你沒有留意頭頂的狀況
'cause you didn't have the sense to look up!
那是我爸爸
That's my dad.
霍默
Homer.
比賽怎麼樣了
Well, how'd it go?
我告訴過你 只要鏟一夏天的煤
Well, I told you. You spend the summer shovelin' coal,
下個秋天你就能當線衛了
and you'll be playin' linebacker next fall.
怎麼了 霍默 沒有挖煤的天賦嗎
What's the matter, Homer? Not cut out for mining coal?
我也一樣
Me neither.
快去收拾一下
Hey, let's get that mess cleaned up!
去把頂板支起來
Let's get some cribbin' on that roof!
加油吧 霍默 你是純正的煤林人
Buck up, Homer. You're a Coalwood boy.
當你下到礦坑 手拿煤鏟時
When you get down in the mine, get that coal shovel in your hand,
會覺得自己就是為了挖煤而生的
feel just as natural to you as a tick on a dog.
把那塊石板從裝貨機上卸下來
And get that slate off the loader!
以下為蘇聯伴侶號衛星發射的無線電信號
It's the radio signal transmitted by the Soviet Sputnik.
聽聽這具有
Listen now for the sound
跨時代意義的聲音吧
which forevermore separates the old from the new.
這就是伴侶號發射的信號嗎
That's it? That's the Sputnik?
-是的 -有什麼了不起的
- That's Sputnik. - Well, big deal.
有什麼了不起 你根本不明白
Big deal? What you fail to grasp
剛才聽到的聲音是由一個
is that the sound you're hearin' is bein' transmitted
以時速一萬八千英裡高速運行
by an object that is travelin' at 18,000 miles per hour,
離地559英裡高
559 miles high,
-每九十六分鐘繞地球 -閉嘴
- a-a-a-and orbitin'the Earth e-e-every nine... - Shut up!
孩子們 住手
Boys, not in my class!
謝謝 昆汀
Thank you, Quentin.
昆汀說得對
Now Quentin's right, y'all.
伴侶號是人類歷史的一塊裡程碑
Sputnik is a milestone in history.
其意義是空前絕後的
Things'll never be the same again.
-你說呢 霍默 -是 老師
- What do you think about that, Homer? - Well, yes, ma'am. Uh...
怎麼不吭聲了
Cat got your tongue?
我們正談到環地軌道
We were talkin' about bein' in orbit,
距離地球幾百英裡遠呢
hundreds of miles away from the Earth.
你對此有所了解嗎
You know anything about that?
沒有 老師
No, ma'am.
我會盯著你的 孩子
I got my eye on you, boy.
誰能說說伴侶號為何具有如此重大的意義
Now who can tell me why Sputnik is so important?
我們應該把這該死的玩意兒打下來
We ought to just shoot the damn thing down.
那上面肯定裝了間諜相機
It's got one of them little spy cameras in it.
能照下我們所有飛彈基地的位置
It takes pictures of every one of our missile bases.
咱們國家最好趁著為時未晚奮起直追
This country'd better get on the ball before it's too late.
我只希望伴侶號快點出現
All I know is this Sputnik had better show up soon.
看得我脖子疼
I'm gettin' a crick in my neck.
你只需要帶她去看場電影
All right. What you need to do is take her to the movies.
恐怖點的 比如《弗蘭肯斯坦因對狼人》
Somethin'scary, like Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man.
然後把你的手
更多內容請百度搜索:可小果