更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
那猛獸從這邊跑了
你確定要繼續追嗎
不來到鬼門關這邊
另一邊 你就一眼都看不到
《驚奇治癒》
帕薩迪納使你富有
橘子使你健康
光之盔甲
研究生航空實驗室
不來到鬼門關這邊
另一邊 你就一眼都看不到
帕森斯
Parsons.
你得自己找時間弄完了 休息結束了
You'll have to finish on your own time. Break's over.
根據鐘錶顯示 我還有十秒鐘
I got ten more seconds, according to that clock.
帕森斯
Parsons.
我們要去默納克吃口飯
The guys and me are hopping over to Del Monaco's to grab one...
我今天有不同的約會地點
Got a different sort of rendezvous planned this evening.
是嗎 她叫什麼
Oh, yeah? What's her name?
命運
Destiny.
我沒遲到吧 有嗎
I'm not late, am I?
沒比平時晚
No more than usual.
今晚很美啊 不是嗎
Beautiful night, isn't it?
而且凍死人
And freezing.
等等
Wait.
你確實有按我的指示
You did follow my specifications
進行組裝吧
for the packing density, right?
- 差不多吧 - 如果出了任何差錯
- More or less. - Well, an error
那就是生死一線間啊
could be the difference between us living and dying.
我們都在未知的土地上了 裡奇
We're in uncharted territory, Rich.
還談什麼小心
The time for caution has long passed.
循此苦旅
Ad astra...
以達天際
Per aspera.
草
Fuck!
13.18米
43.27 feet.
這不對啊
That can't be right.
你願意的話可以檢查一下我的數值
Well, you're welcome to check my math if you want.
這比上次還糟糕
That's even worse than last time.
現在為您播放小提琴協奏曲 第二樂章
And now the violin concerto, movement number two.
嘿
Hey.
沒有吵醒你吧
Hope I didn't wake you.
你知道我一個人睡不著的
You know I have trouble sleeping with one side of the bed empty.
怎麼樣了
How'd it go?
每次我覺得我們取得進展的時候
Every time I think we're making headway,
我們反而都後退了
we take a step back.
我覺得不跟你說具體細節了
I don't want to bore you with the details,
但我們之前達到過差不過300米
but we made it about a thousand feet, before...
那很高了啊
That seems pretty high.
還不夠高
It's not high enough.
以我們手頭上有限的資源
We've reached the limit of what we can do
我們已經達到極限了
with the resources at our disposal.
說到這裡 我需要借點錢
Speaking of, I need to borrow a few bucks.
設備的開銷比我想像的要多
Supplies cost a little more than I expected.
傑克 我們已經欠兩個月貸款了
Jack, we're two months behind.
銀行又打電話來了
The bank called again...
你再拖延他們一下
You just got to hold them off a little longer.
抱歉
Sorry.
看起來好像有人搬進了老威利的地方
Looks like someone's moving in to the old Weller place.
我們得過去介紹自己
We'll have to go introduce ourselves.
誰會在大半夜搬家啊
Who moves in the middle of the night?
抱歉 問一下
Excuse me. Hey.
我有點轉向了
I'm just a little turned around.
加州理工學院在哪
Where's GALCIT again?
- 就在那邊 - 謝了
- Right over there. - Thanks.
傑克
Jack.
傑克
Jack?
你他媽的幹嘛呢
What the hell do you think you're doing?
找你啊
Looking for you.
我更你說了在外面等我
I told you to meet me outside.
有什麼好大驚小怪的
I don't see what the fuss is about.
不就是個大管子嗎
It's just a big pipe.
這個大管子一小時能造200多公裡的風
Which produces winds of over 200 miles an hour.
並且這個風洞只對經過授權的
The wind tunnel is only open
學生和人員開放
to authorized students and personnel.
我馬上就是了啊 不對嗎
Well, I'm about to be, aren't I?
我只是不喜歡走在裡面
I just hate walking in there
然後完全不知道他會說什麼
without any sense of what he's gonna say.
- 你感覺如何 - 你知道我感覺如何的
- How do you feel? - You know how I feel.
我知道你覺得我們還沒做好提交的準備
I realize you don't think we were ready to submit,
但我沒得選啊
but I didn't have a choice.
蘇珊已經受夠了我把所有錢都花在這裡了
Susan's had it with me spending our money on this.
我也不怪她 真的錢都成灰了
Well, I don't blame her, it's literally going up in smoke.
- 真他媽搞笑 - 我沒開玩笑 傑克
- Fucking hilarious. - I am not joking, Jack.
有時候火箭能到20米
Sometimes, the rocket reaches 60 feet,
有時候根本飛不起來
sometimes it-it doesn't leave the ground
有時候直接炸掉了
and sometimes, it explodes.
測試結果完全隨機
The results are completely random
我們根本不知道為什麼
and we don't even understand why.
是噴嘴的問題還是主體的問題
I-Is it the size of the nozzle or the chamber?
還是燃料 還是氧化劑
Is it the fuel? Or maybe it's the oxidizer...
這就是這個項目的意義啊
That's the point of the project.
去找尋事實真相
To figure those things out.
但如果我們的提議通過了結果我們仍舊失敗呢
But what if our proposal is approved and we still fail?
唯一的區別就是
The only difference is,
我部門的老大會在看
the head of my department will be watching.
拜託有點信心 瑞奇
Have a little faith, Rich.
等我們成功之後會有以我們名字命名的大樓的好嗎
They'll be naming buildings after us by the time we're done.
這太荒謬了
It is absurd.
你們想造一架可以
You wish to build rocket capable
攜帶氣象儀器去到電離層的火箭嗎
of taking, uh, meteorological equipment into ionosphere?
是的 先生 我們覺得
Yes, sir, w-we thought...
這個是理察的想法
Well, that part was Richard's idea.
他覺得這樣更
He thought it sounded more...
實際
practical.
我們的終極目標是建造一架
Our ultimate goal was to create a rocket
能帶人上太空的火箭
capable of taking man into space.
葛娜德教授也只能將
Professor Goddard only managed
火箭發射到最高2700米的高度
to launch rocket 2,700 meters, maximum.
電離層有將近10萬米
Ionosphere is nearly 100,000.
還記得我在第一年的研討會上說的
Remember what I say in first year seminar
關於穿越河流的事情嗎
about crossing river?
要尋找墊腳石
Stepping stones.
沒錯
Exactly.
大成就的實現之前往往有很多的小成就
Small advances needed before big ones can be made.
如果我們不滿足於做其他人的墊腳石呢
What if we're not content to be someone else's stepping stone?
理察跟我說你從來沒有
Richard tells me you never completed, uh,
讀完大學啊 帕森斯先生
undergraduate degree, Mr. Parsons.
我開始理解原因了
I'm starting to understand why.
我不得不退學 才能在大蕭條中
I had to drop out to support my family
養家餬口
because of the Depression.
我很抱歉
Oh. I'm sorry to hear that.
不用 學位只是一張紙
Don't be. A degree's just a piece of paper.
這並不能成為阻止我前進的
I'd just as soon not have all those protocols
牽絆
weighing me down.
但是聽著 你們是想
But listen, you are trying, uh,
研究一個根本不存在的領域
to work in a field that does not even exist.
如果不能謹慎行事 你們會失敗的
If you don't proceed with caution, you will fail.
或者更甚
Or even worse...
把自己炸死
blow yourself up.
什麼
What?
怎麼了
What?
結果不應該是這樣的
That wasn't how it was supposed to go.
別別 傑克
No. No, Jack,
- 教授 - 別去了
- Professor? - leave it alone.
- 傑克 - 教授
- Jack. - Professor.
我只是在想 你應該親自來看一下
I was just thinking, you should come and see
我們的火箭發射
更多內容請百度搜索:可小果