更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
不可思議的是 我們竟然對終身從事的運動知之甚少
米奇·曼託[著名棒球明星]
投手向喬尼·戴蒙扔出了個壞球 我們正在直播
Ball one to Johnny Damon and we are under way.
戴蒙的十八個打數中有八個安打
Damon has eight hits in 18 at bats,
二壘安打 三壘安打 以及數次盜壘
a double, a triple, a couple of stolen bases.
他在分區賽的首戰中打了四個安打
He had four hits in the series opener.
好球
Strike.
二零零一年十月十五日
戴蒙奮力一擊 球飛向右外野線
Down the right-field line, fair off the bat of Damon.
在斯賓塞身邊滾動
It rolls by Spencer.
戴蒙將在二壘安打後進入二壘
And Damon will coast into second base with a leadoff double.
美國聯盟分區賽
淘汰賽
球飛入右中外野 落了下來 一個斷棒安打
Into right-center field, broken bat, it'll fall, a base hit.
人們為戴蒙歡呼 他即將得分
They wave around Damon. He will score.
傑森·吉昂比在第一局中
And Jason Giambi delivers with
擊出了個一壘安打
a run-scoring single here in the opening inning.
運動家隊以一比零領先
And the Athletics have taken that 1-nothing lead.
加油 加把勁 我們能打敗他們
Go, come on, now. We gotta spin it.
資金實力對比
紐約揚基隊 114,457,768美元
奧克蘭競技隊 39,722,689美元
加油 揚基隊
Let's go, Yankees!
加油 揚基隊
Let's go, Yankees!
奧克蘭必勝
滿壘
Bases loaded.
揚基隊二壘實現全壘打 將比分從二比零扳平
The Yankees have the tying run at second, down 2-nothing.
運動家隊失誤了 在滿場撿球
The A's are kicking it and throwing it all over the field.
如果他們不儘快得分的話
And it might lead to their elimination
將面臨淘汰
if they don't get it right in a hurry.
球飛出了右外野線 是賈斯蒂斯
Hammered down the right-field line. Justice!
揚基隊後來居上
The Yankees have taken the lead.
點球成金
他們站在那裡
They're standing,
期待著下次再來參加聯盟冠軍賽
anticipating another trip to the League Championship Series.
揚基隊一人出局
The Yankees one out away.
埃裡克·拜恩斯從沒在揚基隊體育館裡打過球
Eric Byrnes, never with an at bat in Yankee Stadium,
他們卻找不到比他更好的球員
and they don't get much bigger than this one.
換成是你站在那裡 一定更手足無措
Or more hectic when you're up there trying to get a job done.
他們只差一個好球了
And they're a strike away.
整個揚基球場在沸騰
And they're roaring in the Bronx.
比賽為五局三勝 他們已在主場輸了前兩場
Losing the first two games at home in the best-of-five series
吶喊聲再次響起
and roar back to...
揚基隊即將衛冕冠軍
The Yankees will defend their title.
沒關係 喬 不必關掉
It's okay, Joe, you can leave it on.
-我不看了 -喬 開著吧
- I don't need to watch. - Joe, leave it on.
好吧
Okay.
試想如果你曾經加入過揚基隊 那有多糟糕
Imagine how bad it'd be if you were a Yankee player
還未曾嘗過冠軍的滋味
and didn't like the taste of champagne.
不如主動要求轉會
Better ask to get traded.
你會給揚基隊...
You gotta give the Yankees...
...贏得這場重大比賽
...win the big game.
下一場分區賽真令人期待
What a series that is gonna be in the next...
知道有多少孩子模仿吉昂比嗎
You know how many kids are wearing Giambi's ?
運動家隊的吉昂比
You know, Oakland Giambi's
從他的球衣球帽到照片海報
jerseys and hats and pictures and posters?
當七月揚基隊來的時候
Those same kids will be booing
這群孩子會倒戈起鬨
in July when the Yankees come here.
但幕後主謀究竟是吉昂比
But is it Really Giambi that's stabbing the back
還是東岸的揚基隊呢
or the Pinstripes on the East Coast?
你不能因為他們搶走球迷而責怪他們
You can't blame them for pilfering the henhouse.
我是說 球迷就是球迷
I mean the henhouse is there.
什麼叫我不能責怪他們
What do you mean by I can't blame them?
他們六年內花了一億兩千萬美元
They're offering $120 million over six years.
紐約揚基隊有的是錢
The New York Yankees have deeper pockets
也慷慨大方
and they're willing to give him money.
他們挖走我們的球員
They're taking and pilfering our players.
在紐約揚基隊看來 我們就像個可以順手牽羊的農場
It's like we're a farm system for the New York Yankees.
-小夥子們還好嗎 -我們打得很辛苦
- How are the guys doing? - That was a killer.
那是場硬仗 對手很強 簡直是...
That was a killer. It's a tough one to swallow. It's...
-他們發揮得很好 -他們很拼命
- They played great. - They played their hearts out.
他們發揮得很出色 只是未能達成我們的心願
They did. They played fantastic. It just didn't fall our way.
-明年你會做得更好 -儘管我們只有一步之遙了
- You'll do better next year. - But we were close, though.
一步之遙 措手可得
We were so close. Right there.
就快成功了 你得充滿信心
Almost had it. You gotta feel good about that.
我很有信心 太有信心了
I feel great about it. I feel great about it.
我們明年不會有突破的
We're not gonna do better next year.
-為什麼 -我們正在被挖角
- Why not? - Well, you know we're being gutted.
吉昂比 戴蒙 伊斯林豪森都要走了
We're losing Giambi, Damon, Isringhausen.
已成定局 我們有麻煩了
Done deal. We're in trouble.
你可以找新人 就像當初你發掘了傑森和戴蒙
You'll find new guys. You found Jason, you found Damon.
-多給我點錢 史蒂夫 -比利
- I need more money, Steve. - Billy.
-再多給我點錢 -我們沒錢
- I need more money. - We don't have any.
我無法用三千八百萬跟一億兩千萬的球隊競爭
I can't compete against $120 million with $38 million.
那些球隊預算太多 我們無法與他們抗衡
We're not gonna compete with these teams that have big budgets.
我們只能利用有限的資源
We're gonna work within the constraints we have,
你要做的就是
and you're gonna do
竭盡所能招募到新球員
the best job that you can recruiting new players.
我們不會付給球員一千七百萬
We're not gonna pay $17 million to players.
我沒有問你要
I'm not asking you
一千萬 兩千萬或三千萬美元
for 10 or 20, 30 million dollars.
我只想多一點支持
I'm just asking for a bit of help.
再多給一點 我就能為你打造一支冠軍隊
Get me a little closer and I will get you that championship team.
這就是我來的原因 也是你僱我的原因
I mean, this is why I'm here. This is why you hired me.
你說 現在我們目標是什麼
And I gotta ask you, what are we doing here?
-比利 我... -不就是要贏得冠軍嗎
- Billy, I... - if it's not to win a championship?
-我只想多贏幾場 -這是我的目標 我的目標在這裡
- I wanna win just as much. - That's my bar. My bar is here.
我的目標是讓這支球隊贏得冠軍
My bar is to take this team to the championship.
比利 我們只是個小球隊 你也只是個小經理
Billy, we're a small-market team, and you're a small-market GM.
請你別獅子大開口 因為我沒那麼多錢
I'm asking you to be okay not spending money that I don't have.
請你先深吸一口氣
And I'm asking you to take a deep breath,
振作起來 和你的團隊一起
shake off the loss, get back in a room with your guys,
好好想想怎樣用我們現有的資金
and figure out how to find replacements for the guys we lost
找到替代的球員
with the money that we do have.
你不能就這樣打發我 我不能空手而歸
I'm not leaving here. I'm not-- I can't leave here with that.
那你還想讓我做什麼
What else can I help you with?
這是個好機會 很適合你
It's a good offer, and you gotta match it.
再給我一天時間
I need another day.
他已經決定了
His mind's pretty made up.
我想你應該明白這點
I just think you should know that.
-我得接個電話 一會打給你 -我一定會轉告他
- I got a call. I'll get you back. - I promise I'll let him know.
再見
Bye.
-哪位 -比利 我是斯科特
- Yeah? - Billy, Scott.
-我剛跟丹通過電話 -不會吧
- Just got off the phone with Dan. - No,you didn't.
他居然給我打電話
I was surprised he called me.
行了 我出七百五十萬買喬尼 我要定他了
Stop. I got Johnny for 7.5 or he doesn't play anywhere else.
那是你答應過的
That's the deal you made.
波士頓隊剛剛提價到了七百七十五萬
Boston just upped it to 7.75.
在聽嗎
You there?
斯科特 我們有約在先
We had a deal, Scott.
如果你出八百萬 我們就繼續談
We have a deal, if it's 8 million.
-小子 你耍了我 -我只是在商言商
- Oh, man, you played me. - I'm just doing my job for my client.
不 你在耍我 一直在耍我
No, you're playing me, and you're still playing me.
恭喜你 混蛋 你贏了
Congratulations, asshole. You win.
自由球員
我喜歡屁股有毛的傢伙
I like guys that got a little hair on their ass.
說真的 他看上去很像曼託或梅斯[均為著名棒球明星]
He looks like a Mantle or a Mays, quite frankly.
-一看就是玩棒球的料 -馬蒂 你看好誰
- He's got a baseball body. - Matty, who do you got?
-我看好傑羅尼莫 -不錯
- I like Geronimo. - Yes.
那傢伙很強壯 很敏捷 極有天賦
The guy's an athlete. Big, fast, talented.
-是我的首選 -長得秀氣 很帥
- Top of my list. - Clean-cut, good face.
-沒錯 尤其是下巴 -全能型球手
- Yeah, good jaw. - Five-tools guy.
-帥哥球手 -他能擊球嗎
- Good-looking ballplayer. - Can he hit?
-他揮棒姿勢優美 -球被他擊到就像炸開一樣
- He's got a beautiful swing. - The ball explodes off his bat.
他準確地用棒頭擊球 當球棒觸球的瞬間
He throws the club head at the ball, and when he connects,
球仿佛被他駕馭了一般飛出去